Updated 30 November, 2019
The Bit Jet Kit (“BJK”) believes that the protection and privacy of your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data (collectively “Data” or “your Data”) is paramount and I value your right to privacy. BJK strives to protect Data that I collect through your interaction with the BJK family of websites (“BJK Websites”), BJK applications (“BJK Apps”), and other digital and non-digital spaces where BJK may collect Data (BJK Websites and BJK Applications).
Data you provide to me through your use of BJK Digital Assets helps to inform the BJK about how best to provide you with a fulfilling user experience as it relates to my mission. My goal is to insure that your Data is secure, and that BJK only uses your Data subject to the terms and conditions set forth below.
BJK Privacy Statement
BY USING BJK DIGITAL ASSETS, YOU CONSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND TO BJK PROCESSING YOUR DATA FOR THE PURPOSES STATED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR USE OF BJK DIGITAL ASSETS MAY NOT BE OPTIMIZED AND IN SOME INSTANCES YOU MAY NOT BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO BJK DIGITAL ASSETS THAT REQUIRE BJK TO VERIFY YOU AS AN AUTHORIZED USER (FOR EXAMPLE ACCESSING BJK’S BitJetKit PLATFORM OR LOGGING INTO YOUR BJK ACCOUNT).
Data BJK Collects
YOU PROVIDE DATA TO ME TO CREATE your ACCOUNT OR TRANSACT BUSINESS WITH ME
I collect Data from all visitors (“Users”) to BJK Digital Assets in order to interact with you. The following are examples of the types of Data I collect:
1. Personal Data
"Personal Data" is Data that you provide to me, or that I may otherwise collect, that identifies you directly. This also includes information that is associated with you and could potentially identify you, including when combined with other information from or about you. I will not collect or use Personal Data except as stated in this Privacy Statement. Personal Data may include, among other things, name, postal address, telephone number, email address, payment and billing information, subscriptions or a combination of these and other Data.
2. Non-Personal Data
- Internet Protocol (IP) address — your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the webpages you view. I use this information to deliver my webpages to you upon request, to tailor BJK Digital Assets to the interests of my Users and to measure traffic within my BJK Websites.
Please note that I also consider aggregated data, which is not personally identifiable, to be Non-Personal Data.
3. Automatically Collected Data
How BJK Uses your Data
I USE YOUR DATA TO CONTACT YOU,
AND PERSONALIZE MY SERVICES TO YOU.
Except to the extent necessary to fulfill my business obligations as described in this Privacy Statement, I do not sell, transfer, or otherwise disclose to third parties any of the Personal Data that I collect directly from or about you.
I use Personal Data that is collected on BJK Digital Assets in the following ways:
- To provide member related services;
- To deliver services, such as educational programs, information or newsletters you request or purchase;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from BJK, other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
- To process your order and, if necessary, to contact you regarding the status of your order;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;To ensure the Websites are relevant to your needs;
- To help me create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To request your feedback about your experience with BJK;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of BJK Digital Assets.
- For other business purposes that help optimize your experience as you interact with BJK Digital Assets.
COOKIES ARE USED TO RECOGNIZE USERS WHEN THEY COME BACK TO MY SITE, TO LEARN ABOUT WHICH PAGES ARE THE MOST VISITED AND TO ASSIST WITH A SINGLE SIGN-ON ACROSS BJK DIGITAL ASSETS.
Cookies are text files sent by Web servers to Web browsers and are stored on the user’s computer or mobile device. If the browser is loading a page and the server requests the Data stored in the cookie, the Data contained within the cookie is sent back to the server.
Cookies contain data about the user’s activities on a website and can be used by Web servers to identify and track Users as they navigate different pages on that website and can identify Users returning to that website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" or "session" cookies. BJK uses persistent cookies to enable my website to recognize you when you visit or return to an BJK Website. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until you delete them or until it expires automatically at its expiration date. Session cookies are temporary cookies that typically expire at the end of the web browsing session on a website. BJK uses session cookies to keep track of you while you navigate BJK Digital Assets. A session cookie expires at the end of the user session, i.e. when the Web browser is closed.
Cookies contain Data that I have previously stored from prior interactions with BJK Digital Assets and may allow me to link to other Data I have about you.
BJK Digital Assets use Data I obtain from cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognize the user’s computer when the user visits the website.
- To track some user actions only during the current website session.
- To improve the BJK Digital Assets’ usability.
- To analyze the use of the BJK Digital Assets.*
- To assist BJK with administering the BJK Digital Assets.
- To report click-through data to my advertisers.
- To share BJK Digital Assets User Data with my third-party vendors.
When Users visit BJK Digital Assets, third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) may be sent to their computers by BJK advertisers or service providers. Third party advertisers may use data obtained from these cookies:
- To track Users browsing across multiple websites.
- To build profiles of Users’ Web surfing.
- To target advertisements that may be of particular interest to Users.
Managing your Cookie Settings
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may limit your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information.
Google Analytics Advertising Features BJK has Implemented
BJK uses certain Google Analytics Advertising Features, which contain third party cookies. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. BJK follows the Google Analytics policy requirements found at https://support.google.com, which are incorporated herein by reference. The specific Google Analytics Advertising Features that BJK uses include only the following: Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and Integrated Services that require google analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and identifiers. BJK does not use the Google remarketing features. You can opt out of the foregoing Google Analytics Advertising Features by following the instructions at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Release of Data to Third Parties
The BJK member and affiliate directories are available only to members and affiliates in a members-only section of the site. All members’ and affiliates’ names are listed in the directory, but members have the option to suppress all other information. Personal Data collected as a function of the BJK Digital Assets will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provided the Data and in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you including answering questions, completing an order or to follow through on a sweepstakes entry.
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that I believe may be of interest to you or who require your Personal Data for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your Personal Data to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such Data for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want me to share your Personal Data in this manner, let me know.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help me maintain my Sites and provide other administrative services to me (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on BJK behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). I seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the Personal Data for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible.
- To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on BJK Digital Assets, I may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other Data related to such purchase, and I may use such collected Data in order to fulfill your purchase. I may also provide such Data to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with the law or in the living faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on me, protect and defend my rights or property, including the rights and property of BJK and BJK Digital Assets or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of my end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of my assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical data from my Users and provide such Data to third parties.
- To protect against potential fraud, I may verify with third parties the Data collected from BJK Digital Assets. In the case of such verification, I may receive Personal Data about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with me, I may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card Data and address matches the Data that you supplied to me, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
Third Party Websites and Advertisers
BJK may also permit advertisers, third party ad networks or other advertising companies to serve advertisements on BJK Digital Assets. Please be advised that such companies may gather Data about your visit to BJK Digital Assets (through cookies, web beacons and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which Web pages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. Some browsers can disable my ads, and I recommend Chrome.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POLICY DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF DATA BY SUCH ADVERTISING COMPANIES.
Fora, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any Data you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to others. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY DATA IN CHAT ROOMS, FORA AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE DATA THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORA
AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Opt-Out of Communications
I communicate with Users on a regular basis via email. For example, I will use your email address to contact you regarding membership renewal and dues payments, BJK elections, to confirm a request you have made of BJK, to send you notice of upcoming payments that are due, to send you information about changes to my products and services or to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, members cannot opt-out of these communications since it is necessary to keep members of informed of specific information regarding membership and actions related thereto.
BJK provides you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communications from us, such as messages or updates from me regarding new services and products offered on BJK Digital Assets or if you do not want me to share your Personal Data with third parties. For emails, you may opt-out by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of an email. I will process your request to unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. If you have elected to receive notices to your mobile device via text message, you may opt-out by replying “STOP” to such mobile message. You may receive a confirmatory text message in response to your “STOP” request and you hereby consent to receipt of such confirmation.
As noted above, to opt out of the Google Analytics advertising features outlined above, follow the instructions at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your Choices & Obligations
I keep your Data for as long as you are a Member or as long as your relationship with BJK Digital Assets continues and as required by law. I retain your Data while your membership is active or as necessary to continue to provide Services including fulfilling orders, accessing BitJetKitNet or BJK Style Central, etc. This includes Data you or others provided to me and Data obtained from your use of BJK Digital Assets. There may be some instances where I retain Non-Personal Data in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
Rights to Access and Control your Personal Data
You can access, change or delete your Data if you have a MyBitJetKit account by logging into your account. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 1-615-669-9805, or text 1-407-557-3890 from anywhere.
I collect your Data in many ways, most often where you provide it to me, and I provide you with several options for collecting, using and sharing of your Data, including deleting or correcting Data you have provided to me. I offer you settings to control and manage your Data through your MyBitJetKit account.
For Personal Data that I have about you:
Delete Data: You can ask me to erase or delete all or some of your Data (for example if you resign from being a member) and I will work hard to honor all requests in a timely manner. In some instances I may not be able to delete your Personal Data in order to comply with applicable laws (for example, it is necessary to keep the financial records of a transaction with you).
Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your Data through your Play Store account. You can also ask me to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it is undesired.
Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask me to stop using all or some of your Data.
Right to Access and/or Take your Data: You have the right to see your Data and take your data and I will work with you to be sure I can provide the most complete set of your Data and a secure way to transfer your Data.
Resignation/Account Closure: I will keep some of your Data even after you uninstall BJK or close your MyBitJetKit account in order to fulfill any final service requests. Please note that I will retain your Data even after you have resigned your membership or closed your MyBitJetKit account if reasonably necessary to comply with my legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce my User Agreement, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from me. I will retain de-personalized Data after your account has been closed.
your Data may continue to be accessed by others until they refresh their cache.
Please note that BJK will not delete or restrict access to Data about you where you have published in a BJK journal or other BJK publication including Division journals and/or newsletters. I will not delete historical Data that reference your service to BJK or its Divisions in governance. I will not delete any comments or posts you have made on any of BJK social media accounts or on any other of BJK Digital Assets.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, I cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Data you transmit to me and you understand that any Data that you transfer to BJK is done at your own risk. However, BJK uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its website, email and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction.
Credit card data is transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption or Transport Layer Security (“TLS”). Member and purchaser Data is a high priority and I use my own protective measures, as well as the capabilities of my software and hardware vendors.
I realize there can be incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions, as almost every website, service and user encounters. In those instances, my goals are to move quickly to isolate the problem, ensure or restore proper functionality and minimize any inconvenience to my Users. As appropriate and necessary, BJK will notify the relevant authorities of these incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions of the BJK website.
BJK retains information only as long as necessary to accomplish the business purpose for which it was collected and to comply with its legal and contractual obligations, plus 3 years, and then securely disposes of that information or converts it into non-personal information by aggregating it, de-identifying it, or otherwise anonymizing it so that it does not directly or indirectly identify you and cannot, with reasonable efforts, resources, and technologies, be used to reidentify you.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits my visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding the BitJetKit’s disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact me at my email, email@example.com, call or text 1-615-669-9805, or text 1-407-557-3890 from anywhere.
BJK Digital Assets, and the services BJK provides to its Users, are not directed to or intended for individuals under the age of 13. I do not knowingly collect personal Data from children under 13. If I become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided me with personal Data, I will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided me with personal Data, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 1-615-669-9805, or text 1-407-557-3890 from anywhere.
In the event that all or part of my assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant me the right to assign the personal and non-personal Data collected via BJK Digital Assets.
Users may contact BJK through email at jonathan.m.Kelly@bitjetkit.com or 1-800-374-2721 or 202-336-5500 from anywhere. You may also mail me directly Bit Jet Kit, 207 Flowerwood Court, Brentwood, TN, 37027, United States of America.
EU User Consent
For Users of this website located in the European Union (“EU”), BJK follows the Google EU User Consent Policy found at this link: http://www.google.com/about/company/user-consent-policy.html. By voluntarily using this website, EU Users consent to BJK’s data collection, sharing, and usage as described above, as well consent to BJK’s storing and accessing of cookies as described above. Any EU user not consenting to such uses by of data and cookies by BJK should not use this website.
EU Data Subjects
This section applies if you are an EU data subject (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, where applicable, Switzerland).
BJK is the data controller for processing Personal Data through BJK Digital Assets. my registered office is 207 Flowerwood Court, Brentwood, TN, 37027, United States of America.
Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask me, I will confirm whether I am processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, I may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. If I have shared your Personal Data with others, I will tell them about the rectification where possible. If you ask me, where possible and lawful to do so, I will also tell you with whom I shared your Personal Data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask me to delete or remove your Personal Data and I will do so in some circumstances, such as where I no longer need it (I may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion). If I have shared your data with others, I will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask me, where possible and lawful to do so, I will also tell you with whom I shared your Personal Data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask me to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal Data or object to me processing it. I will tell you before I lift any restriction on processing. If I have shared your Personal Data with others, I will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask I, where possible and lawful to do so, I will also tell you with whom I shared your Personal Data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: Effective 3 September, 2019, you have the right to obtain your Personal Data from I that you consented to give me or that is necessary to perform a contract with you. I will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask me at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and I will do so:
- If I am relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data — unless I demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If I am processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and me.
Right to withdraw consent: If I rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about my privacy practices, including the way I have handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
How I Protect your Personal Data
I maintain reasonable risk-based physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect against unauthorized and accidental disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction of personal data in my possession, and to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of my systems, data, and services. I restrict access to Personal Data to those individuals and third parties that need to know the information to accomplish the business purposes described in this Privacy Statement. I am committed to taking appropriate measures to enforce compliance with this Privacy Statement. In addition, I comply with applicable law for protecting Personal Data.
I provide reasonable security controls to protect electronic Data that I receive from you against foreseeable hazards, but please note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In addition, use of email to transmit Data is insecure and violates BJK policy. Please contact me if you need a more secure method for transmitting Data.
LAST UPDATED NOVEMBER 2019